Monday, November 8, 2010

my new love--antinquing...

so...my friend tamara has drawn me into the world of antiquing....tis true. and, as i always feel on that weekend, this last weekend was falling back timewise, and i was feeling lazy. saturday i stayed in bed til noon...and thought about cleaning. but really didn't want to. all i wanted to do was take a bath and go antiquing. so that's what i did! cause golly darn its what i felt like! izsak was with a friend so it was just ryenn and i. we went to coburg and checked out the shops.

i was there specifically for something for my bedroom walls. NOTHING ELSE. and trust me...NOTHING ELSE is soooo easy to want to buy...like all the fabulous costume jewelry that reminds me of my grandma zina and the jewelry i used to play with as a kid in her back bedroom where it smelled of lavendar...and now that $3 bracelett or pin is worth $20 or MORE. and i so wish i'd been interested when my grandmother passed away and my aunties said "what do you want?" and i chose a couple items of my grandfather's i didn't actually get...

anywho...what i WAS on the hunt for was a turn of the 20th century something to put on my now blank walls (the LOTR posters from married days finally came down)...my idea being inspired by this card (now framed i loved it so):



so on our fourth and last store, we each found a little something...i found this postcard. not quite the size i was hoping for but i think i might be on to something...a theme...



miss ryenn, well she found a gorgeous, delicate metal butterfly pin that cost her $20 (it was her money!). sorry for the poor quality of the pics! i'm using my phone...so bear with me. thank you.

i also found a perfect gift for izsak for christmas but on the very off chance he decides to check the blog out i won't say what....but ryenn and i think he'll love it.
also...the first weekend of december there is a HUGE costume jewelry event there in coburg at the grange...i just might have to check it out....


1 comment:

A Beautiful Life said...

i want to go antiquing! i see all these people's blogs too about getting older stuff and just refinishing it and making it your own to match your decor. FUN!!
and i like the card as the design jump off point, very cute.