Monday, November 22, 2010

the newest member of our home...

This is my "new to me" stove! My friend Justin put it in (i tipped him $60). The old stove did not go to the ground, so he had to saw away at various parts to make it fit and...because it was so old, rewire the electric to accomodate the new stove plug (this takes a 220 outlet. a quick trip to home depot was made and it is not my normal home improvement store--that being locally owned jerry's--and the people in electronics were less than reassuring they knew their stuff). but i did manage to come home with the proper part.

so there it is! it shall one day be all black, since there is such a thing as appliance paint and after a chat with rosie (justin is the boyfriend of my very good work friend rosie) it is decided that all but one wall of my kitchen should be ranch red. but wait! there's MORE!

feast your eyes on this splendid invention!!! paint for countertop laminate! tinted to soft black this particular can of paint, i shall be painting my nasty peach tinged off white laminate BLACK! this will do until i can get nice new countertops. I'M SO EXCITED!! my loathing of my countertops runs deep...

this winter be prepared for more updates on my kitchen's gradual makeover. i still have yet to sand and restain the ever so lovely oak cabinets, she said her voice dripping with sarcasm.
the thoughts of redoing my kitchen have me much distracted at work so wishing i was home painting and sanding. :)
ps--a note about my friend justin...i have been extremely blessed having awesome guy friends who tolerate (and actually i think enjoy) my kids and their extreme need to be by the man when one's around. justin was no exception and was super cool about my kids lingering about him while he worked and izsak asking all sorts of questions... :)

1 comment:

A Beautiful Life said...

Yea for new stove!! And so glad u are blessed with women AND men friends that luv u and take care of u!! So cool about the countertop paint, I never knew they had stuff like that! Fun times ahead for ur house :)